HOWL Gallery/Tattoo is a tattoo shop and art book publisher in Fort Myers, Florida created by business partners Andy Howl and Alainna Zwiernik. Our current space is roughly 3,500 sq/ft.
HOWL officially opened in March of 2009 in downtown Fort Myers after 6 months of construction. Co-owner Andy Howl was the original co-founder of Fort Myers Art Walk and founder of the Fort Myers Music Walk events that helped re-invograte the historic district's art scene. In May of 2013 we moved to a larger space across from the Edison Mall on Cleveland Ave. (US41 - Tamiami Trail) next door to Brents Music in the old Miracle Plaza. The new shop features a large parking lot and double the space as the original downtown location.
Tattoo & Piercings Ft Myers
We specialize in custom tattoo work and currently feature tattooers Andy Howl, Kris Tirtel, Jay Gardner, Colion Orion, and Sparrow. Our Piercer Jazz is a 2nd generation piercer amd considered one of the friendliest and most professional piercers in the area. We consider ourselves an illustrative and traditional shop but work in all styles. To request interviews or speak with an artist about a tattoo or other artwork, please call the shop or just stop by.
A few of our awards, achievements, and accolades:
- Our coffee table art book, The Devils Reign produced by Andy Howl (now approaching our 5th volume) was featured on CNN.com. DISINFO, Dangerous Minds, and Occult Vibrations in 2016 when it premiered.
- Voted Best Tattoo Shop in Fort Myers by Spot Magazine - 1st Annual Awards
- Awarded Best Cutting Edge Gallery Space by Florida Weekly.
- Featured on Tattoo Berlin on DMAX Channel, Germany.
- Co-Owner Andy Howl Awarded 40 under 40 business award by Gulfshore Business Magazine.
- Founder of Art Walk and Music Walk downtown Fort Myers events.
- Interviewed on NPR (WGCU) for tattoos and art shows Gulf Coast Arts Edition, radio show, multiple times. Andy was also featured on the biopic show Three Song Stories,
- Multiple cover features in Florida Weekly, News-Press Gulf Coasting (Friday insert) News-Press Tropicalia (Sunday insert), and Gulf Coast Times.
- Co-owner Andy Howl hosted a monthly television spot featuring local bands on CBS WINK6 morning show for over 2 years straight from 2010-2013 (see our youtube channel)
- Co-owner Andy Howl has been a Judge for the Fort Myers Film Festival (twice) and the Lee County Digital Highschool design competition (twice)
- HOWL Gallery worked with the Lee County Public Library System to create "Reading Rocks: Teen Battle of the Bands" a yearly competition during the Lee County Readingfest.
For general information please email the gallery or call 239-332-0161